Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ceramic OWLS!!!! again




If you have had a chance to go through my blog you know I have a thing for owls. This lesson I found on Artsonia. I do not have pics of the finished project. I wish I did. The first time I tried this with my students I had them wedge the clay together before pounding it back into a block. I wanted to have the students use the proper techniques. Well, it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I think there was too many air pockets because all but 2 blew up in the kiln. So the second time around NO wedging.

I enjoyed this lesson because the students used many objects to add texture to the owls. The eyes we used bottle caps and a pencil. The feathers we used paper clips and the clay needle for extra added texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment