Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CLAY!!!!!!!

 I have many clay pieces to show and I am hoping I can get to all of them tonight. I am so excited about all of the work my students have been creating.The owls slabs are a first for me. Students created a clay relief slab/tile by carving away the clay. I first had students draw out their owl on paper. They were to use their drawing as a reference for their clay drawing. Students are very familiar with drawing owls. I had the students first sketch their drawing into the clay with a needle. The students used bottle caps for the eyes and a loop tool to add the texture for feather. These are not finished. I am going to have the students stain the clay pieces. I also made it a point to not have perfect rectangle slabs. It gives a look of the piece being worn. I can't wait until these are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment